May 22-July 10, 2012

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ride, Eat, Sleep, Repeat...

Ride, eat, sleep, repeat. Add a little yard work, grocery shopping, bill paying, and you have summed up my life as of late. I make lists every day. And at the end of the day, I feel as if I have gotten a lot accomplished, but the mountain of details needing my attention still exists. I leave in 9 short days.

I turned 60 on Sunday. It was a full day, blessed with sunshine, good friends, and a nice ride. At one point, I wondered...how did this happen? Wasn't I just 40 a short time ago? The years seem to zip by..."Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." Remember that line...you're going to need it when I get to Illinois. I'll explain next week.

I had to send my Garmin back for repair. I have read some complaints about their customer service, but you won't hear anything but kudos from me. The turnaround time was less than a week, and they were responsive within 12 hours by email. I have downloaded the maps from MapMyRide so that I have the option of turn-by-turn directions, and will test at least part of the Washington century later this week. I am interested to know what the battery life is with the turn-by-turn directions on...and anxious to see that marvelous little screen that reads: "arriving at destination".

There have been flurries of emails passing between my biking buddies and me. Two of them will be sharing a bike, and another just sold her home and has to be out by May 14th. There is the shared equipment to consider...who is bringing what, so that we don't duplicate items and carry way too much stuff. We are discussing phone service, and truck keys, laundry and medical information. And about the time I think we have covered everything we can possibly cover, someone comes up with something I hadn't thought about.

Like...brakes. My truck is a 2006 with just over 100,000 miles. I bought it used and don't know if there has been any brake work done on it, so...after a dream that Liz had, where we ended up sliding into the lobby of a government building because we had no brakes...I'll get them checked. :). Silly? Maybe...but I would rather spend a little more time doing these sorts of things now, than have to deal with it in the middle of Arkansas. There are far better things to do in Arkansas...have you been to Mammoth Springs?


maybe you can't...because you won't...

No comments:

Post a Comment